The Outstanding People for Education recognition is to honor and recognize people in education who are excelling in their field and/or making an impact in the quality of public education. This is not an award solely for teachers, you can nominate anyone involved in the education of our students including a teacher, aide, administrator, secretary or other support staff personnel, bus driver, custodian or volunteer. Please read through the guidelines before submitting a nomination.
A nominee could be:
- Someone involved in public education who has made a difference in the overall quality of education in Allegan County by demonstrating knowledge and skill in their area of responsibility, developing unique programs that have enhanced the classroom learning experience, playing a leadership role in education, being a true team player in a school setting, providing support for a program, service, or event that significantly impacts education, exhibiting an attitude that promotes a positive working and learning environment and reflects positively on our school district.
- Someone who has made an impact on the quality of an individual student’s educational experience by demonstrating sensitivity to the needs of individual students, providing service above and beyond, over and above their job description.
Things to know:
- Nominations can come from anyone – students, parents, school staff or community members. Nominations as part of a class assignment will not be accepted.
- Each district forms a selection committee made up of at least one administrator, one board member, one teacher and one support staff.
- Districts can choose up to 3 winners each year from nominees.
- The Outstanding People for Education winners will be recognized at a special dinner at OPS in June. Date TBD
If you have any questions, contact Holly McCaw at firstname.lastname@example.org